AOM MED professional doctorate pre-submission online workshop
December 8st, 2022, 9am-12pm EST (9pm to 12am, China)
Submission deadline: November 29, 2022
Program Chair: Emmanuel Monod, international relations, AOM MED division
This AOM MED professional doctorate pre-submission workshop aims to help DBA and other professional doctorate students increase their chances of a paper acceptance for AOM 2023 Boston. Students who submit to this online workshop will receive constructive oral feedback. This 3 hour workshop is scheduled for December 8th at 9am EST (New York), 3pm European time, 6am PST, 9pm China time.
Students can choose between 2 options:
ABSTRACT general formatting requirements:
- Title with 3 keywords
- 100 to 400 words in length
- Describe main research idea/hypothesis/question, and proposed research methodology
- Single-spaced text with one-inch global margins and Times New Roman 12-point font
- File types accepted are MS Word (.doc or .docx) not PDF
CONCEPT PAPER General formatting requirements:
- Maximum 2,000 words (about 250 words per page x 8 pages, approximately 3-8 pages) including all content (i.e., references, tables, appendices, etc.)
- Double-spaced text with one-inch global margins and Times New Roman 12-point font
- Each submission should be submitted as one single document.
- File types accepted are MS Word (.doc or .docx) not PDF.
CONCEPT PAPER: three Categories
- Conceptual papers should include a description of the relevant literature and some preliminary ideas for the theoretical contribution.
- Research proposals should include research questions or hypotheses, a brief summary of the literature that has informed the questions, and proposed methods for data collection and analysis.
- Empirical papers should include the same elements as a research proposal submission and also some preliminary analyses.
The suggested themes include (but are not limited to):
- The Company/ the institution (performance, organizational effectiveness, change management)
- Business problems (processes, organization design, digital transformation, information technologies)
- Relationships/connections (mentoring, teamwork, cross-department collaboration)
- Communication (conflict management, sensemaking, shared meaning)
- People (motivation, engagement processes, creativity and innovation)
- Team leadership (leadership styles, followership, power dynamics, how to lead)
- Management Education (training, learning processes, scholarship of teaching and learning)
- Putting the worker at the front and in the center – AOM 2023 Conference Theme
Scientific Review Committee:
- Gerard Beenen, Ph.D., College of Business and Economics, California State University, Fullerton, USA
- Alan Eisner, Ph.D., School of Management, Clark University, USA,
- Claudia Ferrante, U.S. Air Force Academy
- Emmanuel Monod, Ph.D., Paris-Dauphine University and SUIBE University, Shanghai, China
- Emilee L Simmons, Ph.D., SFHEA, Enterprise Educators (UK) and Leeds Trinity University.
- Hector Viveros Tapia, Macquarie University, Australia
- Jay O’Toole, Ph.D., Strome College of Business, Old Dominion University, USA
- Marjolijn van der Velde, PhD, Donald W. Maine College of Business, Davenport University, USA
- [Additional scholars will be announced]
- Trahms, Cheryl A, Minnesota state University, USA
- Ann Saurbier, west liberty university, USA
- Provitera, Michael, Barry University, USA
- Kumar, Arun, King’s College of London, UK
- John Stark, California state University, USA
- Perez Batres, Luis A, Missouri state University, USA
- Harris, Robert O., Lewis University, USA
- Alex Wright, Sheffield University, UK
- Jamil, Fahd, Warwick Business School, USA
- Michelle Greene, South East Technological University (SETU), Ireland
- Gilbert, Douglas, Walden University, USA
- Anne Graham, South East Technological University (SETU), Ireland
- Pochampalli, Uma D, University of Pittsburg, USA
- K Dey, Birla institute of management technology India
- Karl-Heinz Pogner, Copenhagen business school, Denmark
- U.K. Bhattacharya, Indian Institute of Management, Indore, India
Please send your papers to professor Emmanuel Monod [Emmanuel.email@example.com] in word (.docx) format only. PDF format will not be accepted.